Curried Chicken Salad


Curried Chicken Salad

1 ½ C Mayonnaise
1 Tbs Curry Powder
½ Tsp Ground Ginger
3 Chicken Breasts, cooked, shredded*
3 stalks celery, chopped
½ small red onion, chopped
¼ C (A handful) chopped fresh cilantro

 

Mix mayo, curry and ginger in a small bowl.
Put chicken, celery, onion and cilantro in a big bowl. Add mayo mixture and mix until evenly spread. 

This is definitely not your momma’s chicken salad! I found this in a South Beach Diet cookbook.  Instead of the mayo, it had yogurt. I remember trying it that way, and thinking it was ok, but not what I wanted.  So, I thought I would reboot it with mayonnaise instead.  I love the nutty flavor of the curry and celery!  It might be nice to add some crunchy almond on top.  I could even see adding some dried apricot…or cherries?

*I cooked my chicken in the crock pot with a little salt and pepper so it would cook while I was away.  You could also boil or bake it… whatever you like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing