Israeli Salad


Israeli Salad


As summer seems to be officially here, I am once again going to try to eat better.  This week, I decided to try a meal from my “Atkins For Life” recipe book.  Not that I’m doing “Atkins” but there are still a number of healthy yummy choices in the recipe book.

I am not sure why this is called “Israeli Salad, except for that it was in the “Hanukkah” section in the cookbook.  Today I put this over some greens and added some mozzarella cheese, but this evening I plan on pairing it with the Mediterranean Turkey recipe that is on the opposite page of the recipe.

4 Plum Tomatoes, diced
1 English Cucumber, diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
4 scallions, thinly sliced

3 Tbs Lemon Juice (All the juice squeezed from a fresh lemon)
¼ C Olive Oil
¾ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Pepper
Lemon Zest (Zest the lemon before juicing it)

Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and scallions in a bowl.
Combine juice, oil, salt, pepper and zest.
Add juice and oil mixture to the vegetables and mix.


You could serve this on a bed of greens, with rice, or by itself.  It’s good with some mozzarella cheese too.  Some fresh oregano or basil might also be nice with it.

ADDENDUM:  I found out from someone who would actually know, that this is, indeed, a salad that one would eat in Israel.  So, there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing