Poppy Seed Dressing

Poppy Seed Dressing
 
I realized after going through all my blog posts, that I had not actually posted a blog about this dressing.  It’s a simple one to make for yourself or a pitch-in.  I happened to make this one recently for a pitch-in, and it was well-received, with people asking for the recipe.  If you have a thing against poppy seeds, you could leave them out and the dressing would still be good.  (Sometimes I wonder what the big deal is about poppy seeds is… I guess it gives some texture and color to things… I am not sure if I would notice a taste difference without them.)

½ White Onion, (or a small one)
¼ C White Vinegar
2 Tbs Sugar or Artificial Sweetener (like Splenda)
½ Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
½ C Salad Oil (Canola is good)
½ Tbs Poppy Seeds


Mix this all up in a food processor or blender.  Serve with greens, celery, cucumber, green onions, something sweet (mandarin oranges, strawberries, cranberries etc) and something crunchy (nuts, croutons, sunflower seeds etc) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing