SB Slaw




SB Slaw

Here is the slaw recipe I made today.  I did not shred my own cabbage- bought the store bought shredded stuff.  I would prefer it fresh-  but sacrifices have to be made when you are trying to eat healthy while dealing with a toddler…I bought a small bag of regular green cabbage and a small bag of red cabbage.  The green cabbage had a few bits of carrots in there too.  The recipe calls for 4 cups each of shredded red and green cabbage.

Dressing:
1 C mayonnaise
3 Tbs Dijon mustard (I always use a bit more)
3 Tbs cider vinegar
1 ½ tsp celery seeds
1 tsp sugar substitute.  (Ok I used the real thing here, but wound up using 2 tsp instead.  I like slaw to be a little sweet too.)
Fresh Ground Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix the dressing ingredients  together, then add it to the shredded cabbage.  Serve chilled.

This was pretty good… I would have liked it a little sweeter, though.  But still quite good and easy if you don’t shred the cabbage yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing