Corn Choup


Corn Choup

Here is another Rachael Ray recipe that I decided to try.  I love making soup and then freezing some for later.  If I plan well, I can make a soup a week, and then have a variety to choose from for those quick lunches.

Ingredients:
2 Tbs EVOO (olive oil!)
4 Bacon Slices, chopped (use kitchen shears!)
1 Onion
10 Oz. Frozen Corn or 4-5 ears of corn, cut off cob (I used a 16 oz bag)
1 Medium or 2 small Zucchini, chopped.
1 lb. Potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ Red Bell pepper, chopped
1 bay leaf
5-6 Thyme Sprigs (I just used some dry thyme)
1 Tsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Tbs Flour
1 Quart (4 c) Chicken Stock  (I used some liquid concentrate bouillon)
1 C Milk
1 C Heavy Cream
½ C Flat Leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (Just year up a bug ol handful worth)


Chop the bacon and get it going in the pot with the evoo.

Chop the vegetables (corn, onion, zucchini, potatoes, pepper)

Add the vegetables to the cooked bacon, add seasonings (bay leaf, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper) and cook until soft… about 8 minutes.

Sprinkle flour in pot, stir and cook 1 minute

Stir in stock, bring to a bubble

Add cream, milk and parsley.

Simmer for 5 minutes.

 ***ADDENDUM*** I made this once with leftover baked ham and it was really great!  If you don't have or want bacon, you can use ham OR even some leftover chicken would be good.

Rachael Ray suggests cheddar popcorn for topping… I wonder if a little cheddar cheese would be nice!  This was even better the 2nd day, but it thickened up and I added a little water to my leftovers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing