Minted Chocolate Chip Cookies

Minted Chocolate Chip Cookies

Photo: First chocolate chip cookies made from scratch this season.A while ago, I bought a book all about the top 100 chocolate chip cookie recipes.  You would think there couldn’t possibly be that many recipes for chocolate chip cookies… but there are!  Anyway, one of my favorites from this book has some nice variations you can use to make some delicious chocolate chip (or any other kind of chip) cookies.

You can use some varying ingredients such as:
               Mint Chocolate Chips
               Chopped Walnuts
               Dried Cherry or Cranberries
               Peanut Butter Chips
             Butterscotch Chips
               Pecans
              
Also, if you change the type of extract you use, it will change the flavor.  You can use Almond, Mint, Raspberry, Cherry, Vanilla…

For today’s cookies, I used MINT extract, as I was out of Almond extract.  I used an 11 oz bag of milk chocolate chips, and I didn’t have any nuts… besides the ones I’m living with!

Ingredients:
2 C and 4 Tablespoons Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 C (2 sticks) Butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
1 ½ Tsp Extract (See above)
2 eggs


Mix the eggs, butter, extract and sugars in a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda in another bowl.  Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.  Add desired chips and nuts.

Bake at 350 for 11-14 Minutes (It was 13 for my oven)

This recipe makes about 4 dozen.

These were, in the words of my almost 2 year old: “Nom Nom”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing