Apple Crisp

Fall APPLES!!

This weekend, we went to an apple orchard, and Will got to pick apples for the first time ever.  He thought that was pretty neat.  Of course, I now have a lot of apples…  Here is one of my favorite easy apple recipes.  I’m not a great baker, but this iseasier than making an apple pie.  The hardest part is peeling and cutting the apples.
Here’s the original recipe, with my additions/adjustments in parenthesis.

½ C Flour
½ C Oats (I used almost a whole cup)
¾ C Brown Sugar (I used almost a whole cup)
¾ C Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon (I always use more-  plus I add a dash of ground nutmeg and cloves and allspice, if available)
1 stick room temperature butter (when using more oats and flour, it help to use more butter.  I put another half of a stick sliced on the top to melt down in.)
4 or 5 Big Apples.  (I think I had 7 smaller ones.  It doesn’t matter what kind, and you can mix the kinds up for different flavors)

Mix the flour, oats, sugars and spices together.  Cut in the butter.  It should be kind of clumpy.  Put the apples in a baking dish and pour the ,mixture over the dish.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.


This is quite yummy and I love the crunchiness of the baked oats/flour, butter, sugar.  Make this for a treat or special dessert today!!!  Great with some vanilla ice cream too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing