Smoked Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans


Smoked Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans


This is not a new, innovative combination by any means, but I thought for my blog’s sake… and for posterity, I guess, that I should write down how I make my version of it.
First, I used to make this in the crock pot.  That’s how I originally got the recipe.  That method basically consisted of layering potatoes, sliced smoked sausage, and green beans in the crock pot with some garlic powder for seasoning each layer.  I started making this skillet version when I wasn’t very good at thinking far enough ahead to put everything in the pot in the morning!  I found I liked it better this way because of the flavors that the skillet brought out, and the time it took to make it.  I also made some additions: Paprika and (real) Garlic. 

Ingredients:
Cooking Oil (once or twice around the pan)
1-2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped or minced.
4-5 Small- Medium Potatoes, skinned and sliced.
1 package of smoked sausage, sliced
1 package of frozen green beans. (10 oz I think…)
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper

 
Directions:

All The ingredients ready to "simmer down"
Put the potatoes in the pan and sprinkle with some paprika and pepper.  Cook the potatoes and garlic in the oil 5-10 minutes.  Stir occasionally so that the potatoes don’t burn or stick.
Add in the sausage and cook until browned.  You may want to add in 1 Cup or so of water to help the potatoes cook down.  Add the frozen green beans.  Again, you may want to add a little water here.  Sprinkle some garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper on the beans.  Cover and let this all simmer down for a while.  You will know it is ready when the green beans are not as bright of a green and the potatoes are soft.  This is a great economical one-dish meal as well- You can really make it for less than $6.00!  AND it passes the Robbie test!

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing