Christmas Cards


If you know me at all, you know that I love to scrapbook and make cards.  I am not sure why I am so obsessed with making cards, because I am so bad at sending them to people. (case in point:  I have several handmade cards that even have my thank you messages on the inside from all of Will’s showers.  If you never got one, this is why.  I assure the cards are gorgeous!)

Anyway, I guess I love making the cards because you don’t have to have any pictures available, and it doesn’t take long, and I wind up with something pretty that is also useful.  The number one time when people send cards is, of course Christmas and the Holidays.  So, I find it a lot of fun to make Christmas cards for people!  Sometimes I sell them to others, and sometimes I give them to my friends and family.

When I make cards, I usually am inspired to design them from the paper that I have.  I get sets of paper that work together, and then the mix and matching is much easier!  I also use some stamps that I have for the sentiments. 

Some things that I keep in mind when making the cards are:  Color, texture, dimension, and sentiment.  I usually choose one dominant color, and two subdominant ones.  This can usually be dictated from the patterns you choose.  Then, I make sure there is some sort of texture-  that it is not just flat paper glues onto flat paper.  I use paper with texture, or emboss the paper.  Along with texture is dimension.  I add ribbons, twine, brads or 3 dimensional adhesive to add dimension to the card.  Then, of course I want to have a sentiment (Merry Christmas) or a main focal point picture.

Here are some of my Christmas cards.  Many of these are still available.  Please message me if you would like some. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing