Twig candle holder

I’ve seen this project on Pinterest, and have wanted to do it for a while.  So, when I was on a walk with Will in the park, I collected several sticks from the ground.  I had an old White Barn Candle Co glass container that I’d been saving… for something…???  And I broke the sticks all into sort-of-even pieces.  I wanted to make sure that I had enough sticks to go around it, so I used a rubber band to put the sticks around.  I was all proud of how it looked, when the rubber band broke, and all the sticks went everywhere.  (don’t use an old rubber band!)
 
Finally, I was able to find some time to actually glue the sticks on.  I got my glue gun out and went to town! 
 
I just put enough glue on to do 2-3 sticks at a time, and I made three strips of glue going horizontally.  I made sure that I put the sticks on while the container was upright on the table so that they would be even and so the container would still be able to stand up.
 
Here is my finished product.  What do you think?  I contemplated putting a ribbon around it, but maybe it doesn’t need one…?

 
Look how cool it is when it is lit up!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing