Guest Recipe!

Today’s recipe comes from Friend, and D’s Delights Blog Follower, Mandy Valentine.  I was going to make chicken tonight, so I decided to try her recipe!

Here is what she wrote:
“I use a marinade of 1/2 c balsamic, 1/4 c Dijon mustard,1/4 c olive oil, 1/2 t garlic powder & the juice of one lemon, salt 7pepper. Put it all in a bigbaggie with the chicken breasts. Let breasts marinade at least 3 hrs. Dump thewhole thing in a baking dish - reduce leftover marinade and use it as a sauce on the chicken. Yum.
She said toheat the oven to 350 and cook for 30-40 minutes.

It was pretty easy to put together, and I do like baking meat because it’s the kind of thing you can put in and go do something else for a while.  I wound up cooking it for about 40minutes.  Husband says it’s “Excellent!”  He took the last piece, which is always agood sign! I have to confess, my taste buds are a little weak lately from allergies and being all stuffy and runny… From what I can tell, it’s pretty darn good!  Definitely tender!

Thanks,Mandy!


I made a salad for myself and made a quick dressing. Here’s the dressing:
1/3 C  Sugar or Substitute
1/3 C Cider Vinegar
1/3 C Vegetable or Olive Oil
4 Tsp Prepared Mustard
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Pepper

Shake it all up! The original recipe included some chopped onion, but I didn’t feel like chopping onion… so I just left it out.  I suppose I could have added some onion powder to it, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing