The Dressing Dilemma:


I believe that the dressing can really make or break the salad.  I prefer to make my own dressings, because I know what is in them, and they are by far tastier than anything store bought!  I confess, that I get really annoyed when I make a lovely, delicious dressing for a dinner party,and someone brings out the “Ranch” or “French” or “Italian” dressing for the salad!   I’m thinking, “I did not make that salad to go with those dressings!” Not that I won’t eat those kinds of dressings, but in my mind, the dressing has to go with the salad! (Food sensitivities and allergies aside)

I have a lot of recipes for dressings.  Many are very quick and simple that you canwhip up in a minute or two.  A few aremore complicated, but TOTALLY worth it in taste! (These are the type I bring todinner parties and pitch-ins!)

Here are a couple of quickies that I like to add variety to myhealthy eating habits!

Poppy Dressing for Cherry Brie Tossed Salad

1 C Cider Vinegar

½ C Sugar (I use a sweetener such as Splenda)

¼ C Olive Oil

1 tsp Ground Mustard

1 ½ tsp Poppy Seeds

Whisk all the ingredients together, and Voila!  I recommend thisdressing for salads with a little fruit in them like strawberries, apples,pears… etc.  The salad recipe that thiscame with included almonds, brie cheese and dried cherries.  This also makes a lot, so if it’s just foryou and one other person for a meal or two, I would half this recipe.


French Vinaigrette Dressing

               ¾ C Canola Oil

               6 Tbs Cider Vinegar

               2 tsp Sugar or Sugar Substitute

               ½ tspPaprika

               ¼ tsp Ground Mustard

               1/8 tsp Ground Pepper

Whisk or shake together for a quick and easy dressing.  This recipe makes a lot- and it is HALF ofthe original recipe.  This is good with fruits in the salad or tomatoes.
Enjoy, and let me know how they turn out for you! (And... the next time I bring a salad to a gathering, TRY MY DRESSING!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing