Indian Spiced Fruit

Going through my recipe journal to find things to share with you all has inspired me to want to make some of them again.  As soon as I do, I’ll take pictures and add them to the blog here.  Here is one that I will try to make this week.



Indian Spiced Fruit
2 Green Apples, cored and chopped (I leave the skin on, but you can peel if you prefer.  I also sometimes use one green and one red, or 2 green and 1 red)

The fruit before spice and syrup
2 Bananas, Sliced
1 Can of Apricots in Lite Syrup, drained
1 Can Pitted Black Cherries (or sweet red cherries in water)
1 Inch of Gingerroot, shredded- about 1-2 tsp (You could also use canned gingerroot or add ½ tsp ground ginger to the spices instead)
Juice of 1 Lemon (3-4 Tbs)
2 Tsp Sugar (or Splenda)
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves

Combine the gingerroot, lemon juice and spices.  Combine the fruit.  Pour the juice mixture over the fruit, toss.

Optional- This is also good with some nuts in it, like, almonds, or walnuts- or with sunflower seeds. (or maybe pumpkin seeds too?)

If you make this, let me know how it turned out, I'd love to hear from you!

---I just made this and it smells so good!  I used ground ginger and I added a little bit of the apricot and cherry juice back in with it as well.  Planning on topping with walnuts to serve. I used sweet red cherries in water instead of teh pitted black cherries because I thought they were too expensive!---

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing