Pinterest Experiment- 8 Can Taco Soup

Now I am going to try a Pinterest recipe.  I saw that a number of my friends and “followers” had re-pinned this one, so I thought I would give it a try, and then write about it!  Here is the origin of the Pin.

8 Can Taco Soup
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
1 packet taco seasoning


I bought all of the ingredients except for the canned chicken… I just could not bring myself to buy canned meat.  I was a little concerned about the sodium and preservative content, too.  So, I just cooked my own meat the night before and put it in the fridge.  I probably should have made more, but next time…  Also, I accidentally had petite diced tomatoes with chilies-  but that should be ok.  And, the store did not have cream of chicken, so I got cream of chicken and mushroom.

Here Goes….

Photo: 8 can taco soup... Is it good??
It was fun dumping all of the ingredients in!  That really required hardly any work!  It is something you could instruct your husband or older children to make themselves!  It only took about 15-20 minutes to heat through.  It smelled pretty good, too.

Now for the taste test….
You know, it’s pretty good!  For the ease of making it, it really does hold up.  So, try it, and enjoy!  I am sure you can tweak it whatever ways you need to, as well!  Probably serving it with cheese, or tortillas…or even rice would be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing