Turkey Patties With Fennel


Turkey Patties With Fennel

I know that people really like the recipes, so I will give you another that I have recently tried.  Rob really liked it and said it reminded him a bit of meatloaf.  (He really likes meatloaf.)  This recipe originally comes from South Beach Diet Cookbook)
Photo: Here's my turkey party with fennel.

Turkey Patties With Fennel
1 Lb 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey Breast
¼ Large Onion, Grated (or one small one.  I used the food processor)
1 Egg, Beaten
2 Tbs Finely Chopped Pecans (again, I used the food processor, and I used Walnuts instead)
¼ Tsp fennel seeds (The recipe calls for crushed ones, but I only had whole ones)

Combine everything in a bowl, then shape into patties.  Cook in a pan or on a grill. 

Ground turkey usually needs some extra spices and flavorings so that it does not seem bland.  Also, if you are going to put on the grill, be sure to not turn them very soon. Let them sit until the bottom is good and done, or else it may fall apart.  This is a good idea to keep in mind for cooking in a pan too.  I suppose you could actually make some meatloaf out of it- You would have to see what other similar recipes use for the temperature and timing.  Let me know if you try it that way.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing