My "Egg and Zucchini Mess"


My “Egg and Zucchini Mess”


While trying to eat a little more healthy and more along the lines of a South Beach Diet kind of eating habit, I make eggs every day.  I know, you would think I might have a heart attack, but eggs are not nearly as bad for you as once made out to be, and they raise both the good and bad cholesterol, so it evens out!  Anyway, I love to make this dish almost every day.  It is simple and yummy, and it really fills me up!  You can make it with whatever veggies you like, but I like zucchini and sometimes green onions.


First, I chop up a bit of zucchini-  I make it into little cubes.

Then, I chop up some ham (you don’t have to use ham if you don’t want)

I put the ham and zucchini in a little olive oil in a small pan.  Let it cook a few minutes.

While the zucchini and ham is cooking, I mix two eggs, and add a little milk.

I pour the eggs over the zucchini and ham, and let it cook (on medium heat).  I don’t mix or scramble anything yet…just let it set in the pan.

I add some cheese.  Cheddar is great, but Mozzarella, Muenster, Feta all work too.  Let the cheese melt down a bit.

When the cheese has melted down, I then turn or mix the eggs.  Let it cook until eggs are done, then enjoy!


Toby loves to lick my plate when I’m done AND I stay full for a much longer time!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing