Recipe Journals and Macho Gazpacho

Since 2002, I have been keeping “recipe journals.”  Whenever I make a bew recipe-whether it is from a book, magazine or the internet- I write down the recipe and the original source it came from. This helps me keep a record of all the recipes that I have tried, and keeps them all in one place for me.  It also allows me to make my own notes about if I or others liked it, and what I might to, or did do, to change it.  I now have 4 such notebooks.  One of them, most notably chronicles my weight loss with LA Weight Loss from 2003-2006, and has most of my healthy recipes in it.  I love looking back at these books, because not only do they remind me of the food that I made, but also of whom I shared that food with.  I made notes in the book if I made something for a party, or dinner guest, and if they seemed to like it!  I also love that these are the kind of notebooks that really look “loved.”  They are messy, have food, oil and water stains on them, and are frayed at the edges.  They will be fun to share with Will (and any possible siblings) someday…If they can just decipher my handwriting and shorthand!

Here is one I first made in 2003.  It comes from a Rachael Ray book.  I have tweaked is as such, since its debut in my journal.
______________________
August 29, 2003
Macho Gazpacho Salad

3 Tomatoes, chopped
½ English Cucumber, chopped
½ White or Yellow Onion, chopped
A handful of chopped Cilantro

About 2 tsp Olive Oil (EVOO)  I just “eyeball” it!
1 Lime worth of Lime Juice…or about 3 Tbs.
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix the oil and juice and salt and pepper, add it to the veggies.  If you like a little extra zing, and you have a real lime, you can add some lime zest, but it is not necessary to make this recipe yummy.

This is something that you can top some greens with, and have a little grilled chicken with.  Super yummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing