A little bread can't be too bad...?


Photo: Some fruit bread I made

I am in the mood to eat some bread.  I know… I really shouldn’t, but I am going tomake my own, and hope that it is healthy enough for me to not gain 5 pounds justby looking at it. 


1 C All Purpose Flour
½ C Sugar
¼ C Whole Wheat Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Egg
½ C Applesauce (I used two small 4 oz individual cups)
2 Tbs Cooking Oil
½ C Snipped, Dried Apricots (or other dried fruit)

Mix flours. Sugar and spices in a medium sized bowl
Mix egg. Applesauce and oil in a small bowl.
Add the mixtures together, put in a bread pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 Minutes.

My changes:  First, Iam going to switch the proportions of the flour types.  Second, I do not have dried apricots, so I’mgoing to use cranberries.

Well, let’s see how this goes…

…It is pretty good.  I was afraid it would be bitter because of the higher wheat flour proportions, but it is not.  For as easy as this was to throw together-  you probably have these ingredients in your pantry- I would say this is a pretty good one.  It really soothed my “comfort food/bread”craving I was having.  Also, I would say that this makes a nice treat to take for breakfast at the church or office!  It didn’t take very much time tomake at all, and the applesauce made it moist.
While I do like to cook, I dont considser myself a baker... it has  to be pretty easy for me to do.  cookies and quick breads are about as far as I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing