Pan Grilled Chicken


For some people who might be beginning cooks-or for those who have never really taken the time to cook anything that doesn’t come from a box and with instructions, I will be glad to show you some simple and yummy basics- stuff that you won’t even need to have a recipe for.


Some people are afraid of cooking meat-  I know I was at first.  I started off only cooking ground beef!  Here is something easy and fairly quick that you can do with chicken.


I buy chicken breasts.  That way, I don’t have to mess with bones etc.  It is also the healthier part of the meat.  You can get them in big bags, frozen, or in smaller packages in the meat section not frozen.  If you have frozen ones, you should thaw them out a bit.  These days, you can do it in a microwave!  Check your settings.


After you thaw them, if they are thick, cut them in half.  You can leave them partially connected, and just flay them out.  I don’t know what the correct term for that is, but that’s what I do-  they will cook more easily.  Put a little salt on them- this helps tenderize the meat.  Also, you can add a little pepper.  I like to also add either basil, or paprika.


Put a little olive or canola oil in the pan, and add a little garlic, if you have it.  (I keep a jar of the minced garlic in my fridge)  You’ll want the pan medium hot.


Put the chicken in the pan (I usually do it “ugly side down”) Let it brown for a few minutes.  Don’t turn it until its good and browned on that side.  It may be like 5 minutes or so.  Turn it, and then let it cook on the other side for a while.  Now, add a little water to the pan.  Let that water cook down, and you can turn the meat once or twice.  You will notice that the meat will get a dark carmel color.  This is good. Keep cooking until it is done.  Add more water if needed.  The water will help cook the inside, and keep it from drying out.  How will you know if is done?  Well, you can always cut into the thickest part and see.  It should not be pink at all.  You could also use a meat thermometer.


It should look something like this:


If you or someone you know, feels that they are not a fabulous cook, try this method of cooking chicken and let me know how it turned out for you.  I just want to empower people to take control of their menus!  If you make something, you know what’s in it AND there is always less salt then in a restaurant!

Comments

  1. i'm going to make my sister try this! lol, she cant boil an egg so it should be a great thing for her to try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing