My Smooooothies…

My Smooooothies…

I came up with this basic concoction for fruit smoothies after seeing or trying some other recipes that just didn’t work for me.  You can change it up however you like- but the basics are:  Juice, Yogurt and FROZEN Fruit.

In a Blender: (In this order)
6-8 Oz Orange Juice
1 6 Oz can of Pineapple Juice
8 Oz Plain Non-Fat Yogurt (You could use vanilla or a flavor, but I try to stick to the plain)
2 Bananas (frozen or not)
A couple of handfuls…cups of FROZEN Fruit… Take your pick-berries, mangos, peaches, pears… NOTE: I find that pineapple do NOT do well in the blender, that’s why I use juice.
A squirt of lemon or lime juice (to use as a preservative)
Blend it all up in pulses.

You could also add a dash of vanilla extract and or cinnamon.  Cinnamon is nice when you use peaches.

The key, I think is in using the frozen fruits.  It gives it a good consistency and makes it instantly COLD!

You can keep this in the fridge for a day or two… but I find mine are gone within 48 hours!  I like to drink them in a fancy looking margherita glass, sitting on the porch in the sun.  I usually get a hankering for these in the spring and summer, but you can really enjoy them any time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing