Photography- Another Fall Session Attempt


Photography- Another Fall Session Attempt

I was so excited to take Will to a Pumpkin Patch to get some good Pumpkin Pictures of him. Unfortunately, he had not had a good nap, and he was a little grouchy… not so much grouchy, but just not his normal chipper laughing self.  Despite that, and despite the fact that the weather was cold and overcast, we still got a few good pictures that will be fun to relive in a few years.

I decided to edit these in order to bring out the colors and make them more artistic images.  I deepened the colors, which works well on overcast pictures and ones with a lot of out-doorsy green.  I sharpened a few, which brought out the contrast in the nature, such as tree bark and hay.  I also used a bloom on some which softened up the skin and portraits. 

Look, I don’t by any means say I know what I’m doing with this editing stuff.  I have just done a lot of experimenting to see what works well.  I use an editing program which is free called PhotoScape.  Someday, it would be great to take a class to learn how to really use this stuff better.

Here are a few examples:
The editing in this one made our "grays" stand out!

This is the only one he smiled in!

I edited this with a fake lens tilt.


I cropped this to focus in on Will and I deepened the colors to bring out the orange.
 


I used a contrast on this which really shows the bark and leaves.
 



I cropped this, and we all actually look ok in it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing