Snack Time!

Snack Time!
I would say that one of the hardest things to do when you are trying to watch your eating habits is to try to figure out what kind of snacks to have.  We know by now, that instead of leaving outsnacks altogether, that it is wise to just choose some healthier choices inyour snacking instead.  It keeps your blood sugar levels in balance and you don’t go into that crazy OHMYGOSH IMSOFREAKINHUNGRY I COULD EATEVERYTHING RIGHTNOW mode.  Eating healthier snacks more often also causes you to avoid making that easy trip into McDonalds for that side of fries and big ol’ Coke.  You also want to feel like you’ve been satisfied after a snack, and that you may have even been a little naughty!  So here are a coupleof quick snacks that I’ve been eating a lot of to quell my temptation to eatcrap.

Apples and Peanut Butter
Cut up anapple… any kind, but I’ve been using Granny Smith because the tartness goes wellwith the peanut butter.  Spread some REAL peanut butter on the slices.  I mean thekind of peanut butter where the ingredients listed on the side of the jar says “Peanuts”and that is it!  I buy it unsalted, and thenadd a little salt on it for my taste. This kind of peanut butter has to be kept in the fridge.  When I eat this snack, I feel like I’ve indulged in a caramel apple from Brown County- you know, the kind with layers of chocolate and peanuts, too!

Berries and Yogurt
Put ahandful of your favorite berries in a bowl, and sprinkle with a bit of yourfavorite sweetener.  Then, top with about4-5 dollops of non-fat, plain yogurt. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, and add a few of your favorite nuts.  I like using sliced almonds, but walnuts oreven sunflower seeds will do.  It justneeds something crunchy.  This gives youthe illusion that you are eating granola. I also put a teaspoon-ish of vanilla extract, or maybe a small squirt ofhoney.  This makes a great breakfast aswell.  I sometimes eat this in place ofwhen I would want to eat cereal.
I’ll post acouple more of my favorite snacks when I have a little more time and my Boogeris not demanding my attention…Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing