Haricots Frites... and Herbed Green Beans

Haricots Frites... and Herbed Green Beans

I originally got the inspiration for these beans from Rachael Ray, and then really just wound up doing my own thing and making them my own way- totally different from the original recipe.

Here’s the original (from Rachael Ray Get Real page 41)

Haricot Frites (A fancy term for Green Beans)

Thin Green Beans
A Light Oil (Like Sesame, Peanut, Walnut)
Sesame Seeds

Blanche the beans, or steam them.  (Blanche means to cook them, then quickly cool them…or something to that effect)
Pat the beans dry on a paper towel.
Heat the pan, add some oil (“A couple times around the pan”, as RR would say)  Add the beans until they are charred and hot (3-4 Minutes) Sprinkle in some sesame seeds and stir around for another 30 seconds or so.  Add some Sea Salt and Pepper.


Now, how I make these green beans is hardly any way close to how Rachael Ray said to make them… Pretty much it’s just the act of sautéing them that I still do.

Here’s what I do:
Blanche the beans (I will use any kind of green beans I have- fresh or frozen is best)
Drain and pat dry.
Add Olive Oil to the pan, and some minced garlic (I just use the canned kind)
Add the beans, cook a bit, then add Basil (dry or fresh- I usually just use dry), and Sea Salt and Pepper.

These don’t take long to make, and can make a great addition to any meal.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing