Christmas Ornaments

Christmas Ornaments!

I love the idea of my Christmas ornaments having meaning and beauty.  I especially love to get handmade ornaments.   I suppose that this comes from when I was little, and my mom and I would make ornaments every year.  From the all-purple painted Virgin Mary, (which always found its way onto the BACK side of the tree) to the beaded candy canes and clothespin reindeer.  I loved this special time with my mom, and giving my hand made ornaments to teachers and friends.  I also loved pulling them out every year to recall memories of Christmases past.  These days, I try to make a little note on a post-it  to record where new ornaments came from.  This is a nice way for me to remember people and family in my life.  I hope to be able to make memories with Will when we can make ornaments together! 


Since Pinterest, there is no lack of ideas for crafts to be found!  I downloaded this pattern, and decide to make these cute little manger scenes.  I found them super easy and fun to make, and I can’t wait to give them as gifts!

Here's how mine turned out:

I did not embroider these because I am not that cool, but I used Aleenes tacky craft glue to glue them together.  Note:  Don't put the star on until after you have punched a hole for the string.

 

 
Here is what I did to get the hole and string

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing