Upcycled Ornaments

I was inspired by our church's project to encourage Reduce Reuse Recycle at the Cumberland Weihnachtsmarkt to try my own version of ornaments from aluminum cans. The ones we made at the market were made with aluminum cans and old sheet music. We used a cookie cutter and traced the shape into the aluminum and onto some sheet music. We cut them out, then put a hole and string to hang. I decided to try to cut out stars from a can and put it through my Sizzix Big Shot in an embossing folder. They turned out great! Then I cut out another star to hang with them. I had a stamp of Joy to the World lyrics that was the same size. So, for one I used the stamp. For the other, I just used red paper. I could have used music, because I certainly have plenty of old music-but I was not ready to demolish it yet! Here is how they turned out:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing