Tis The Season...For Crock Pot Meals


Tis the season …for crock pot meals!

It’s definitely that time of year when it gets to be time to stay inside and make those dinners in the crock pot!

A few weeks back, I found a pin about making pre-made frozen meals to throw in the crock pot.  I decided to try a couple.  The ones that I thought my husband would find the most palatable were:  teriyaki chicken and bbq chicken (which, btw imho tasted nothing like bbq and would, in the future, call it “Italian”)
I made them both and they were quite easy and good.  I also made another crock pot meal that the hubby liked.  Here are my recipes:

Teryaki Chicken
Split between 2 bags:
4-6 Carrots (you can use a bag of baby carrots, but I don’t like the way they taste when cooked.)
Red Onion, cut into chunks
1 20 oz can Pineapple chunks
4 garlic cloves, chopped
4 chicken breasts
1 C teriyaki sauce (1/2 C per bag)

Freeze the bags, and when you are ready to use them, thaw them out a bit by getting them out of freezer.  Add ¼ C fresh teriyaki sauce to pot.  I also liked to add some soy sauce.   I served this with rice.

BBQ Chicken (or Italian!)
Split between 2 bags:
2 Green Pepper, Chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
3 onions, chopped
6 red potatoes, chopped (or you could use sweet potatoes)
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
4 Chicken Breasts
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 tbs brown sugar (one per bag)
2 tbs mustard (one per bag)
¼ tsp salt per bag

The recipe also called for ½ tbs quick cooking tapioca per bag, and 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce per bag.  I did not have these things, and it tasted just fine without them.
I served this with pasta, and I topped mine with some mozzarella cheese.

Portabella Chicken
Chicken breasts, portabella mushrooms and Italian dressing!  So easy, and chicken was really tender!
I put baby bella caps on the chicken, then poured 8 oz of Italian dressing.  Cooked for 4-6 hours on high.

Serve with Pasta or Rice.  I didnt freeze this one first, but I see no reason why you couldn't.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing