Ornament Frivolity

I am really on a roll with this ornament making thing. I think I am making up for the lack of creations last year at this time. Last night, I just up and decided that I would make salt dough ornaments. I found a recipe on pinterest, of course, and got busy. I used 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup salt, added about 1/4 cup warm water, then kneaded it and rolled it out. (use cooking oil on your hands to avoid sticking ) I tried 2 shapes- a circle and a star, using cookie cutters. I used a rubber stamp on the star to see how that would work. (put oil on the stamp first) I took a skewer and made a hole to run a ribbon through later for hanging. I cooked them on parchment paper at 250 for an hour, then checked them. I wound up turning the oven off 15 min later and letting them sit in the oven for the rest of the evening.i would say that I made them less than 1/4 inch thick. I imagine it would take longer If they were thicker.
Here is how one turned out:

Comments

  1. Excellent post! I like this...Thanks for sharing!
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I have never seen such a great post. your wonderful post can inspire a lot and helps us. I visit your website often and share with my friends....keep sharing..
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Bi-Coastal Salsa

Summer Spinach Salad Dressing